Members of the Diocesan Pastoral Council
Sr Catherine Slattery SGS
Bella Reyes (Chair)
Sr Brenda Kennedy
About the Diocesan Pastoral Council
- Diocesan Pastoral Councils are described as being; “under the authority of the Bishop… to study and weigh those matters which concern the pastoral works in the diocese, and to propose practical conclusions concerning them.” (Can.511).
- In Parramatta Diocese, the Bishop consults with the Diocesan Pastoral Council concerning pastoral realities, directions and possible strategies as well as priorities to support the ongoing formation of the diocese’s people and the diocese’s character.
- The Diocesan Pastoral Council relies on and actively maintains thorough communication with the five Deanery Pastoral Councils. It divides this action among members to enrich the members’ first hand awareness and maximise what is known and heard by the Council.
- The Diocesan Pastoral Council’s process and any recommendations are based on listening, necessary research and faith centred discernment.
- The Council consists of ten to twenty members who together represent good awareness and experience of the Diocese. It includes the Bishop and generally one other clergy, plus other ex-officio appointments or one-off special purpose invitations as required. Members are generally to be separate from the members of the Deanery Pastoral Councils.
- The Diocesan Pastoral Council meets three to four times per year (or more if required) with necessary support resources and a thoughtful process for facilitation prepared in advance. Members pursue necessary actions, consultation and ongoing research between meetings.
- The Bishop is the president of the Diocesan Pastoral Council with a suitably able member formed and appointed as the chair/animator.
Bishop Vincent Long OFM Conv is calling for applications to the:
- Diocesan Pastoral Council
Parishioners are invited to apply for membership on the Diocesan Pastoral Council. Please forward this application to any of your friends in the parish who you think would be suitable and encourage them to apply.
Completed applications to be emailed to: email@example.com
or post to:
Sr Grace Roclawska
Diocese of Parramatta
Bethany Centre, 470 Church Street Parramatta NSW 2150
Applications close on Monday, 15th November 2021.
Successful applicants will be notified by end of November and are asked to set aside time on Saturday, 5th February 2022 from 9.30 am to mid-afternoon. This will be the initial formation session for new members appointed to the Diocesan Pastoral Council.