Catholic Youth Parramatta is committed to facilitating the growth of young leaders for ministry and mission in the Church and in the world. We are excited to launch Duc In Altum: a pathway for leadership in youth ministry in the Diocese of Parramatta.
Duc In Altum is inspired by Bishop Vincent’s motto from Luke 5:4. The Latin translation is "put out into the deep”. These are the words that Jesus said to Peter at their first encounter, which prompted Peter to go into deep water and lower his net for a catch.
This leadership pathway is intentionally designed to provide opportunities for accompaniment and encounter over one year, leading to a commissioning World Youth Day Parramatta on the Feast Day of Christ The King.
Suitable for 16 and over.
Duc In Altum aims to:
enhance leadership and local ministry capacity through training and accompaniment
facilitate connections between young people that grows an authentic Christ-centred community
provide space and formation that encourages a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ and an understanding of mission in today’s context.
- Saturday, 28 January: Leaders Summit #1 Understanding the Kerygma with Deacon Matthew Dimian
- Wednesday, 22 March: Mandatory Safeguarding Training #1
- Saturday, 25 March: Mandatory Safeguarding Training #1
- Saturday, 22 April: Leaders Summit #2 Introduction to Scripture with Alison Ryan
- Wednesday, 14 June: Mandatory Safeguarding Training #2
- Saturday, 17 June: Mandatory Safeguarding Training #2
- Friday - Sunday, 7 - 9 July: LIFTED Retreat
- Saturday, 30 September: Leaders Summit #3 The Great Commission with Fr Andrew Rooney
- Sunday, 26 November: World Youth Day Parramatta - Mass & Leaders Commissioning with Fr Chris D'Souza