1st September – 4th October
Pope Francis and the Australian Bishops invite all Catholics to join the ecumenical Season of Creation. It starts 1 September (World Day of Prayer for the Care of Creation) and ends 4 October (Feast Day of St Francis of Assisi). They encourage us all to make this a special time of prayer and action in caring for our common home.
You can find these invitations in a letter by Monsignor Bruno-Marie Duffé on behalf of Pope Francis and in the Australian Bishops’ Social Justice Statement 2021-22 “Cry of the Earth, Cry of the Poor”.
The current lockdown prohibits us from communal actions and activities outdoors, but prayer is always possible. Furthermore, many online activities are on offer during Season of Creation.
Two of the many possible actions you can take:
- Join the Diocese of Parramatta in signing the “Healthy Planet, Healthy People Petition”, endorsed in Monsignor Bruno-Marie Duffé’ letter: thecatholicpetition.org
- Adopt one new daily habit for a healthy planet: “Healthy Habits for a Healthy Planet” Season of Creation Challenge
Browse this website for more Season of Creation online activities, Covid-safe actions & resources for prayer and action!
ONLINE ACTIVITIES, COVID-SAFE ACTIONS & RESOURCES
SEASON OF CREATION (SOC) Activities & Actions
SEASON OF CREATION (SOC) RESOURCES
- Pope Francis’ message to begin the Season of Creation 2021
- What is the Season of Creation?
- A Home for All? – SoC 2021 Celebration Guide
SEASON OF CREATION 2020 RESOURCES
During last year’s Season of Creation, people from across the Diocese of Parramatta created a beautiful community reflection video. It is still available on The Well. Click here to watch and be inspired.
There were also submissions which couldn’t be included in the video reflection, but wonderfully represented God’s creation and the call of the moment.
St Thomas Aquinas, Springwood
Renee Ingram, Bligh Park
Emily Nasso & Nasso Como
St Josephine Bakhita
8 February 2020
Patron Saint of Victims of Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking