Welcome to the Diocese of Parramatta
If you feel you have the skills and commitment to serve the Catholic Church in spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ, then we would love to hear from you.
We look for people who bring:
- An understanding and commitment to the ethos and values of the Catholic Church
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
The Diocese of Parramatta is home to more than 330,000 Catholics and is one of the fastest growing diocese in Australia. The Diocese is made up of 47 parishes, 83 Catholic schools, and more than 45,000 students and includes a number of agencies which assist the Bishop in the pastoral care of the community.
Please send your resume and covering letter when applying to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for an experienced professional standards claim specialist to manage claims affecting the Diocese of Parramatta. This role will be responsible for the end-to-end management of the claims process in accordance with the Diocese of Parramatta Safeguarding and Institutional Response Structure.
This is an opportunity for you to bring your insurance expertise in-house, where you will work in a vibrant and authentic culture.
The Diocese of Parramatta is home to more than 330,000 Catholics and is one of the most diverse and fastest growing dioceses in Australia. The Diocese is made up of 46 parishes and 82 Catholic schools across Western Sydney and the Blue Mountains and includes a number of agencies which assist the Bishop in the pastoral care of the community. We are passionate about Social Justice, Mission and Service.
Learn more about us @ Diocese of Parramatta (parracatholic.org).
What we Value
We pride ourselves on living the values of Collaborate, Respect, Celebrate and Strive. Check out our values video below!
About the role
This position will provide quality advice, guidance, and operational and procedural support in relation to civil claims and litigation in the Safeguarding space (abuse claims). In the spirit of collaboration, this position will partner closely with our panel solicitors and other Diocesan agencies. The successful person must be able to cultivate strong relationships with our relevant stakeholders, internal and external. You will be required to liaise with our internal stakeholders and keep them updated from initiation of the claim until settlement stage.
Key to this role is your genuine passion for justice and experience in managing complex and sensitive matters. Just as important is your willingness to be part of a friendly and warm culture, where we go above and beyond to respect and support each other, and where we come together often to celebrate. You will need to be able to work independently as well as enjoy working as part of a close-knit team.
Specifically, as the successful candidate you will ideally meet the following Essential Requirements:
- Tertiary Qualifications in Law, Business, Financial Services, or a related field;
- Current Working with Children Check Clearance;
- Demonstrated previous exposure to personal injury or abuse law, or claims management in insurance sector;
- Understanding of the Catholic Church, its mission, and its unique challenges and opportunities;
- Excellent ability to interpret and apply legislation, policies, guidelines and business and administrative practices;
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, problem solving, and conflict resolution skills;
- Ability to interact effectively with multiple and diverse stakeholders at all levels;
- Maturity, empathy and resilience to deal with challenging matters;
- Sound understanding of NSW civil procedure.
- Keen eye for detail in document management and collation skills;
- Able to work independently as well as in multi-disciplinary team;
- High level communication skills (written and oral);
- Excellent record management skills;
- Substantial time management and organisational skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines and deliver under pressure;
- Ability to operate with discretion and maintain strict confidentiality; and,
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills across MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher).
If this sounds like your kind of role and you believe you meet the above Essential Requirements then we would love to hear from you!
Benefits of working with us
- A competitive salary and Salary Packaging options (which can increase your take-home pay);
- Flexible hours;
- Additional paid leave between Christmas and New Year;
- An authentic, diverse and friendly culture;
- Professional development opportunities.
Applications for the position should include:
- A covering letter explaining why you are interested in the position, why you’re a good fit, and how you meet the Essential Requirements.
- Curriculum Vitae.
For a confidential chat, please email your details to email@example.com, and a member from our friendly team will call you.
Applications close 10pm Monday 5 June 2023.
The Diocese of Parramatta is a child safe organisation and is committed to providing child safe communities that recognise and uphold the dignity and rights of all children, young people, and vulnerable adults.
The Diocese of Parramatta is respectful and accepting of individual differences and is committed to embracing diversity and treating all people with dignity. We welcome applicants from all cultures, religions and backgrounds.
In all that we do in the course of our work, the Diocese of Parramatta acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands in which the Diocese of Parramatta sits, the land of the Darug and Gundungurra people