Welcome to the Diocese of Parramatta
If you feel you have the skills and commitment to serve the Catholic Church in spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ, then we would love to hear from you.
We look for people who bring:
- An understanding and commitment to the ethos and values of the Catholic Church
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
The Diocese of Parramatta is home to more than 330,000 Catholics and is one of the fastest growing diocese in Australia. The Diocese is made up of 47 parishes, 83 Catholic schools, and more than 45,000 students and includes a number of agencies which assist the Bishop in the pastoral care of the community.
Please send your resume and covering letter when applying to email@example.com
About the Diocese
The Diocese of Parramatta is home to more than 330,000 Catholics and is one of the fastest growing dioceses in Australia. The Diocese is made up of 47 parishes, 82 Catholic schools, and more than 43,000 students and includes a number of agencies which assist the Bishop in the pastoral care of the community.
The Diocese of Parramatta produces a large volume of printed and online material to promote, engage and enhance the work of Diocese.
About the Role
The Diocese is seeking a Digital Content Creator. This position is temporary part-time (with a view to permanent after 6 months).
The Digital Content Creator is responsible for all videography, video editing and content creation across a range of formats for all requirements of the Diocese and ensuring alignment to strategic goals and project priorities.
Reporting to the Head of Communication Services you will be responsible for:
- Oversee and produce all filming and editing content, from the initial conception to final delivery;
- Responsible for shooting, lighting and audio;
- Develop digital content and concepts including input of music, dialogues, graphics and effects if needed for review and approval ensuring the application of best practice design principles and compliance with organisational communications requirements;
- Ensure all collateral produced has design cohesion and consistency across the various brands of the Diocese of Parramatta;
- Ability to utilise raw footage to assemble rough and final edits;
- Understanding of in-house design services and ability to support the Diocese with design and produce graphics, flyers, images, layout design and other ad-hoc requests as required;
- Proactively recommend digital content for marketing proposals;
- Ensure all collateral is ready for digital publication within agreed tight deadlines;
- Work in an interdisciplinary manner across project teams, Diocesan initiatives and with suppliers and service providers as required and contribute to the conceptualisation and realisation of Diocese of Parramatta vision and strategic direction;
- Ensure all required collateral and artwork is consistent for all digital initiatives of the Diocese;
- Support other departments with designed material for their respective campaigns; and
- Ensure a high level of fluency across the creative suite is shown.
To be the successful candidate you need to demonstrate:
- A demonstrated commitment to the ethos and values of the Catholic Church;
- Demonstrated experience in videography, video editing and content creation;
- Experience working with diverse, creative teams to develop innovative and accessible design for integrated marketing campaigns including the ability to plan, prioritise and meet strict deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- Demonstrated skills and experience in post-production software a MUST (Premiere Pro, Davinci etc.) combined with a strong knowledge and understanding of both print and web processes;
- Demonstrated experience and a thorough understanding of Microsoft Office and managing and maintaining database systems; and
- Ideally you will also be a problem solver who will take ownership of assigned projects with fresh ideas and innovative design.
You need to have:
- Tertiary qualification in visual arts/design/communication/screen & social media marketing or similar or extensive experience;
- At least 3-5 years work experience in a similar role covering traditional and digital media;
- Know your way around both video and audio equipment;
- Must have online and digital production experience and skills;
- Ability to interact effectively with multiple and diverse stakeholders;
- Proven ability to work autonomously, to think creatively and laterally, to problem solve;
- Significant commitment to client services and accountability for their performance;
- Demonstrated focus on outcomes and emphasis on exceeding customer/client expectations; and
- Substantial time management and organisational skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines and deliver under pressure.
Applications for the position should include:
- A covering letter explaining why you are interested in the role and briefly describe your skills, experience and capabilities to undertake this role (maximum 2 pages).
- Curriculum Vitae.
If you would like more information, a copy of the full job description or to have a confidential chat, please email Ms. Deeanne Martin on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close 10pm Sunday 28 March 2021 (unless closed earlier).
The successful applicant is expected to respect and uphold the ethos and teachings of the Catholic Church and the values of the Employer. The successful applicant will also be subject to a Working with Children Check.
Only candidates with the right to live and work in Australia should apply for this position.
No agency contact please. This position is being managed internally.
Location: Catholic Diocese of Parramatta, Sydney (YCW House, Granville, NSW 2142)
About the Organisation
The Australian Young Christian Workers (YCW) is a not-for-profit, international, grassroots movement that seeks to serve, educate and represent young people whilst engaging them in action and establishing teams of volunteers to address the issues most affecting young people today. Catholic Social Teachings are at the heart of the Mission of the YCW and the organisation itself, seeks to motivate young leaders within the church, to live out their faith and to find their true vocation. With a particular focus on Young people between the ages of 15-25, the YCW utilises the ‘See, Judge & Act’ method to motivate young people to be in control of their realities. YCW believes in empowering young people to put their faith into action and encourages them to be active members within their communities. We currently have teams in Adelaide, Perth and Sydney and contacts and connections all across Australia.
About the Role
The Parramatta Young Christian Workers (YCW) is seeking a Young Christian Students Worker to work alongside the Parramatta YCW leadership team by supporting the running of existing YCS groups, and developing new YCS groups.
Supporting the running of existing YCS groups, including:
- Regularly attending existing YCS groups to facilitate the formation of all members and the development of leadership skills among key student leaders using the YCS Methodology (Review of Life); and
- Ensure Adult Assistants (AAs) in schools are provided with continual formation and training in their role to support students to run the group in the YCS Methodology.
Developing new YCS groups through:
- Liaising with school personnel to investigate potential for new YCS group;
- Using a systematic plan to introduce, establish and consolidate new YCS groups; and
- Promoting YCS through Diocesan and Community events.
Ensure Parramatta YCS has an active presence in the wider church, social justice, and education community by:
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with relevant key individuals and organisations;
- Continually seeking opportunities to promote the vision and mission of Parramatta YCS in the wider community; and
- Developing and supporting appropriate social media content on YCS platforms.
To develop and maintain appropriate partnerships with relevant organisations through:
- Working closely with Parramatta YCW as the auspicing body for Parramatta YCS through shared work environment, reporting structures and common vision;
- Liaise closely with the Catholic Diocese of Parramatta to communicate on the work of PYCS and to connect with the work of the Diocese, especially CYP and other youth initiatives; and
- Seek out and foster mutually beneficial partnerships with other community organisations.
To develop and maintain safe and respectful work practices through:
- Working cooperatively with others and maintaining appropriate professional relationships with colleagues;
- Following mandated workplace health and safety procedures; and
- Providing risk assessments for relevant activities.
To be successful in this role you will bring the following qualities and technical experience:
- Ability to relate well with young people and engage them in the movement;
- A commitment to working within a Christian faith based organisation while being inclusive of those from other beliefs;
- Leadership skills and a desire to promote social change;
- Effective written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to use initiative, to work independently and in a team environment;
- Working With Children Clearance;
- NSW Drivers Licence;
- First Aid qualification desirable;
- Experience as a leader in the Young Christian Students Movement desirable; and
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (Social Sciences, Education etc.) desirable.
Join our team
Applications must include:
- A cover letter explaining why you are interested in the role and briefly describe your skills, experience and capabilities to undertake this role (maximum 2 pages);
- A current resume; and
- Contact details of 2 professional referees.
Please send applications to email@example.com.
Applications close 5pm Friday 30 April 2021
Only Candidates with the right to work in Australia and who are prepared to undergo appropriate background checks should apply for this position.
Situations Vacant – Parish Office Administration Assistant, St Thomas Aquinas Catholic Parish, Springwood.
Position Title: Parish Office Administration Assistant
Reporting to: Parish Priest (Fr Paul Slyney)
Hours and Days per week: 12 hours per week (2 days per week)
Location: St Thomas Aquinas Catholic Church, 168 Hawkesbury Road, Springwood.
This role requires compassion, discretion, complete confidentiality, a “can do” attitude and a willingness to work autonomously. It requires a person who understands the nature of the frontline responsibility for “Sharing God’s Love”. This position does require an understanding and support of the ethos of the Catholic Church.
- Answering all enquiries at the door and on the phone
- Maintenance of parish databases, and records, included baptismal and wedding records, parish websites.
- Baptism bookings, confirmation email of details, preparing list of names for baptism preparation, and producing the baptism certificate.
- Wedding bookings, confirmation email of details, preparation of wedding certificates.
- Management of diaries and parish registers.
- Assist with the preparation for the celebrations of Easter and Christmas in conjunction with the Parish Priest.
- Ordering of the parish and church supplies.
- Assisting Clergy as needed.
- Taking bookings for all weekend Masses.
- Photocopying of Parish Bulletin and other parish documents as required.
Skills and Experience:
- Must be competent in the use of Microsoft Office programs e.g. Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher and Outlook.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Must have experience in an office environment.
- Able to work autonomously, be accurate, and process work in a timely fashion.
Other relevant requirements:
- Working with Children Check and Police Check
- Drivers Licence
Join our team!
Applications to include a cover letter, resume and names and contact details of at least two referees, one of whom includes your parish priest. Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title: Office Administration Assistant. Applications close Friday, 9th April 2021.