Welcome to the Diocese of Parramatta
If you feel you have the skills and commitment to serve the Catholic Church in spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ, then we would love to hear from you.
We look for people who bring:
- An understanding and commitment to the ethos and values of the Catholic Church
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
The Diocese of Parramatta is home to more than 330,000 Catholics and is one of the fastest growing diocese in Australia. The Diocese is made up of 47 parishes, 83 Catholic schools, and more than 45,000 students and includes a number of agencies which assist the Bishop in the pastoral care of the community.
Please send your resume and covering letter when applying to email@example.com
Mamre Creche Volunteers
About The Role
Mamre Crèche is a program that supports Sudanese Refugee families attending English, Computer and Citizenship Classes at Mamre House, located at 181 Mamre Road, Orchard Hills. The Service provides a Quality Early Childhood Program for children aged 0 to 5 years. It operates Tuesday and Wednesday from 10:00am until 2:00pm and Thursday from 10:00am until 12:00pm. The Service is closed during school holidays.
We are seeking motivated, caring people who enjoy interacting with young children and are able to volunteer some of their time supporting the staff at the Crèche.
- Take part in the Centre’s day-to-day routines and activities, including assisting in setting up, packing away, cleaning etc.
- All volunteers are expected to demonstrate empathy towards the children and be a positive role model by using appropriate language and behaviour.
- Respect the privacy of the children and the families at the Centre. All information heard within the Centre should be treated as confidential and not discussed outside the Centre.
- Work within the Volunteer’s Information Procedure Handout, the Centre’s Philosophy, Code of Conduct and Procedures.
- Discuss any concerns or other issues with the Crèche Coordinator.
Selection Criteria (Knowledge, Skills and Experience)
- Experience in the Early Childhood Field.
- Understanding of the Quality Improvement Plan and National Early Years Learning Framework and committed to the implementation of these processes.
- Certificate III in Children’s Services.
- Current First Aid Certificate, Anaphylaxis and Asthma Management Training.
- Valid Working with Children Check Number.
- Work within tight time frames.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A high degree of initiative and dedication.
- Commitment to high quality programming for children.
- Being patient and child friendly.
CatholicCare Western Sydney and the Blue Mountains (CatholicCare) aims to serve the community of the Catholic Diocese of Parramatta by overseeing the provision of high-quality social services operating according to the principles of Catholic Social Teaching. As an organisation, CatholicCare respects the dignity, worth, diversity, cultures and beliefs of all people including the Australian Indigenous Community.
CatholicCare is a smoke free environment.
Location: Mamre House, Orchard Hills
Anyone interested in these positions will require a Working with Children’s Check.
Successful applicants are subject to a National Criminal Record Check.
Any expressions of interest can be forwarded to the Crèche Coordinator, Iolanda Martino, on (02) 8843 2506 or email Iolanda.firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Clergy Healthcare & Administration Support Officer (Part time – 2 days per week)
The Diocese of Parramatta is home to more than 330,000 Catholics and is one of the fastest growing Diocese in Australia. The Diocese is made up of 47 parishes, 83 Catholic schools, and more than 45,000 students and includes a number of agencies which assist the Bishop in the pastoral care of the community.
About the Role
The Clergy Healthcare and Administration Support Officer supports the Diocese of Parramatta in promoting the health and wellbeing of the priests and deacons of the Diocese, and provides administrative support to all associated entities. The Clergy Healthcare and Administrative Support Officer is also accountable for ensuring that work is undertaken within professional standards and competencies in accordance with the teachings of the Catholic Church in the Diocese of Parramatta.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Clergy to promote health and wellbeing
- Provide administrative support to the team and all associated entities including but not limited to management of team email, calendar and cloud drive, maintaining secure and accurate client files, basic bookkeeping, paying invoices and organizing remuneration for clergy expenses, booking of appointments and meetings, and taking minutes etc.
- Building relationships with Clergy and other clientele, within the Diocese and with service providers
- Liaising with appropriate persons within the Diocese, and with relevant providers of healthcare and community services
- Acting in an advocacy role to ensure the Clergy receive services they are entitled to in a timely manner
- Assisting in planning of acceptable accommodation for those who are older, have a disability or have special needs
- Reviewing present accommodation with a view to promoting safety and accessibility
- Assisting Clergy with set up and use of MyGov and MyAgedCare
To be successful in this role you will bring the following qualities and experience:
- A commitment to the teachings of the Catholic Church and the ethos of the Diocese
- Minimum 5 years as a registered healthcare professional.
- Health experience in a variety of settings, ideally including community-based services and case management
- High level knowledge and understanding of the public and private healthcare systems, and contemporary health practices
- High level knowledge and understanding of work health and safety compliance requirements
- High level knowledge and understanding of the aged care systems including a thorough operational knowledge of the Australian government aged care funding model and available aged care packages, including how to access Commonwealth Home Support Services (CHSP), Home Care Packages (HCP) levels, Residential Respite, Short-Term Restorative Care, Transition Care and Residential Aged Care;
- Substantial time management and organisational skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines and deliver under pressure
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office suite, particularly Outlook and OneDrive
- Experience with general bookkeeping/accounts assistant tasks such as paying invoices, organizing approved remuneration of client and staff expenses, and related data entry and record keeping
- Some experience using MYOB an advantage
- Proven experience in a complex organisation and the ability to interact effectively with multiple and diverse stakeholders.
- Proven ability to work autonomously, to think creatively and laterally, to problem solve and to implement strategic plans & responses that take into account unique personal needs, risk assessments, budgetary requirements and organisational needs.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership with proven ability to contribute to a team in a positive, valuable and professional manner
- Demonstrated focus on outcomes and emphasis on exceeding customer/client expectations
- Current Driver’s License
- Successful employment screening including a working with children check.
Join our team
Applications must include:
- A cover letter explaining why you are interested in the role and briefly describe your skills, experience and capabilities to undertake this role (maximum 2 pages)
- A current resume
Please send applications to email@example.com.
Applications close Friday, 29 November 2019
Only Candidates with the right to work in Australia and who are prepared to undergo appropriate background checks should apply for this position.