Welcome to the Diocese of Parramatta
If you feel you have the skills and commitment to serve the Catholic Church in spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ, then we would love to hear from you.
We look for people who bring:
- An understanding and commitment to the ethos and values of the Catholic Church
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
The Diocese of Parramatta is home to more than 330,000 Catholics and is one of the fastest growing diocese in Australia. The Diocese is made up of 47 parishes, 83 Catholic schools, and more than 45,000 students and includes a number of agencies which assist the Bishop in the pastoral care of the community.
Please send your resume and covering letter when applying to email@example.com
Location: Catholic Diocese of Parramatta, Sydney (YCW House, Granville, NSW 2142)
About the Organisation
The Australian Young Christian Workers (YCW) is a national and international movement of
young workers whose mission is to ‘discover the deepest meaning of their lives to live in
accordance with their personal and collective dignity by finding solutions to their situations at the local, national and international levels ’.
The YCW carries out its mission by taking action in small groups and teams in the communities where young people live, work and study through a process of action-reflection known as the see-judge-act. Through this process, young workers are developed into leaders who are in turn responsible for the direction of the YCW as a movement run ‘by, for and among’ young workers.
About the Role
The Project Officer will be working with young migrants, international students and other young people experiencing disadvantage using the YCW Community Kitchen project and the Granville YCW House.
- Creating and conducting events to engage (including, but not limited to) international students and other young people experiencing disadvantage;
- Assisting with the administration and monitoring of project grant;
- Development of young leaders from with the participants within the projects;
- Assisting with developing the YCW House as a community hub for International Students; and
- Using strategies to help the project become self-sustaining beyond the grant period.
To be successful in this role you will bring the following skills, attributes and experience:
- Commitment to social justice principles;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience in implementing or supporting projects;
- Experience in working with community organisations (volunteer or paid);
- A team player, strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work with young volunteers;
- A commitment to working within a Christian faith based organisation while being inclusive of those from other beliefs;
- Demonstrated ability to use initiative, to work independently and in a team environment;
- Working With Children Clearance;
- NSW Drivers Licence; and
- First Aid qualification desirable.
Join our team
Applications must include:
- A cover letter explaining why you are interested in the role and describe how your skills, experience and capabilities align to the criteria in relation to undertaking this position.
- A current resume
If you would like more information, a copy of the job description or to have a confidential chat, please email Ms. Deeanne Martin on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be reviewed as received – Commencement date Mid Feb 2022 contract to 30 June 2022 with a possible extension of end date subject to funding.
Only candidates with the right to live and work in Australia should apply for this position.
No agency contact please. This position is being managed internally.
Join our newly formed Pastoral Formation Team
About the Diocese
The Diocese of Parramatta is home to more than 330,000 Catholics and is one of the fastest growing dioceses in Australia. The Diocese is made up of 47 parishes, 82 Catholic schools, and more than 43,000 students and includes a number of agencies which assist the Bishop in the pastoral care of the community.
About the Mission Enhancement Team (MET)
Mission Enhancement Team (MET) is made up of two focus groups known as Pastoral Formation and Mission Engagement. The MET accompanies and supports all God’s people on their journey as disciples of Jesus Christ.
About the Pastoral Formation Team (PF)
The Pastoral Formation Team creates and delivers a wide variety of formation opportunities. We assess, assist and support people in their life and faith journey. Guided by the Spirit of God’s mission we joyfully accompany others on our shared journey of faith enrichment providing opportunities for personal growth and community leadership building. To continue this important ministry, we invite you to join our team as a Pastoral Formation Facilitator.
About the Pastoral Formation Facilitator
As Pastoral Formation Facilitator, you will be responsible for supporting Catholic communities, particularly parishes, with their formation and the delivery of various programs. You will work under the direction of the Head: Formation for Mission.
Your role will require to:
- Work with Parish, Deanery and Diocesan Pastoral Councils and leadership teams by engaging in listening and discerning with them
- Work with the Pastoral Formation Team and support other team members in a collaborative way
- Enable development, review and renewal of Diocesan and local pastoral planning
- Identify, develop and share resources for pastoral life and community leadership
- Assist with the development of Deanery & Diocesan Pastoral Councils
- Assist with the development of Plenary Council and other diocesan objectives such as Synod of Bishops 2021- 2023
- Support existing and new models of pastoral leadership and ministry
- Support the planning of forums to engage the voice and wisdom of the people of the Diocese
- Assist with the planning of core programs, themes and resource development
- Assist with the preparation, facilitation and promotion of various programs
- Investigate and assess needs in mission area
- Coordinate with parishes to provide resources to parish teams
- Offer community engagement and support for parish priests, parish teams, parish pastoral councils, ministry groups, youth groups, and parish communities
- Other duties as required
To be the successful candidate you need to demonstrate:
- Strong personal commitment to the Catholic mission and values
- Passion for life in faith, especially in the area of formation for mission
- Creativity in planning and sharing your ideas with others
- Understanding the need of usage of technology and innovative ways of sharing faith
- Project management and strategic planning skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A professional manner and presentation
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work well with others
- A willingness to deepen their own formation
- An ability to operate with absolute discretion and to maintain confidentiality
- An ability to take initiative and work with limited supervision.
- Attention to detail and a well-ordered approach to work
- Good time management and demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks
- A commitment to service and a willingness to be accountable for their performance
- Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends, as required
You need to have:
- Tertiary qualification (or currently enrolled) in a related field, including theological qualifications (at least at undergraduate level);
- At least three years relevant experience in a comparable role (for example in education, ministry, planning or community development)
- Demonstrated experience in supporting and mentoring leaders in a church context
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Driver’s Licence and access to a reliable vehicle as the role requires visiting parishes at sites across the Diocese
Applications for the position should include:
- A covering letter explaining why you are interested in the role and briefly describe your skills, experience and capabilities to undertake this role (maximum 2 pages).
- Curriculum Vitae.
If you would like more information, a copy of the full job description or to have a confidential chat, please email Ms. Deeanne Martin on email@example.com
Applications Close 10pm 31 January 2022.
The successful applicant is expected to respect and uphold the ethos and teachings of the Catholic Church and the values of the Employer. The successful applicant will also be subject to a Working with Children Check.