Welcome to the Diocese of Parramatta
If you feel you have the skills and commitment to serve the Catholic Church in spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ, then we would love to hear from you.
We look for people who bring:
- An understanding and commitment to the ethos and values of the Catholic Church
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
The Diocese of Parramatta is home to more than 330,000 Catholics and is one of the fastest growing diocese in Australia. The Diocese is made up of 47 parishes, 83 Catholic schools, and more than 45,000 students and includes a number of agencies which assist the Bishop in the pastoral care of the community.
Please send your resume and covering letter when applying to email@example.com
The Diocese of Parramatta takes in seven local government divisions, 80 Catholic schools, 47 Parishes supporting 115,000 families in many areas of public life including education, health, scientific research, aged care, local and international aid, sport, working with indigenous people, working with those living with disability, working with those suffering from mental illness, seeking rights for workers, crisis accommodation, environmental issues, migrants and refugees, young people and families.
Working in close partnership with the Senior Receptionist and as the face of the organisation, the person in this role is charged with welcoming and coordinating all visitors to the Centre. This is a vital role in the sense that you will be managing the resources combined with providing administrative and hospitality support to 450 staff in this professional Diocesan Centre located in North Parramatta.
The hours of work will be 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday. The salary range is offered between $60 – $65,000 plus superannuation dependent upon prior experience.
The duties & responsibilities will include:
- First responder to all enquiries skilfully juggling incoming calls as well as a busy face to face component all contributing to the culture and professionalism of the Diocesan Centre utilising a high level of customer service with a genuine ‘can-do’ approach to work and life in general
- To welcome with genuine warmth, all visitors to the Diocesan Centre while also ensuring all matters concerning compliance are carried out
- Accurately coordinate the booking and set up of meeting /board rooms, liaising with the appropriate people in relation to catering, setup and technology requirements
- Monitor and appropriately process incoming and outgoing correspondence including emails to reception inbox, sorting of daily mail and coordination of couriers
The success profile includes:
- Previous experience within a highly customer focused support role such as concierge, contemporary reception or hospitality customer service
- Proven high-end time management and coordination skills
- Diplomacy, confidentiality and warmth are essential qualities
- Advanced computer and technology capabilities – well able to quickly understand a variety of platforms and web-based applications
- An understanding and appreciation of the ethos of the Catholic Church and the Christian values and mission
- Enjoy a collegiate and respectful professional work culture
- Gain that sense of satisfaction that comes with work that supports others
- Be a valuable member within a large organisation committed to their local community
Caught your attention?
If what you have read excites your career tastebuds, please apply providing an up to date CV and a one-page cover letter responding to the five elements in the Success Profile. There is no closing date as we are looking to fill this opportunity as soon as possible.
For more information, and to apply, visit mccormackconsulting.com.au/jobs/diocesan-centre-receptionist-2/
McCormack HR & Business Consulting has been engaged by the Diocese of Parramatta to carry out the recruitment processes. As such, all applications will be directed to Cheryl McCormack. If you have any queries or questions, please contact Cheryl on 0417 899 756.
St Patrick’s Parish, Parramatta is known as The Cradle of Catholicism in Australia; It has the oldest Catholic Parish School in Australia, the oldest mortuary Chapel, the first convent (Sisters of Charity) was here and the first nun was professed in Parramatta. It’s parish registers are full of pioneer names of both priests and laity. In 1986 St Patrick’s became the Cathedral Church in the new diocese of Parramatta, an area, which stretches in a wedge from Rydalmere to Blackheath.
Directly responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of St Patrick’s Gift Shop to promote catholic spirituality, enhance awareness of catholic social justice principles as well as achieving established sales goals. The position reports to the Cathedral Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Manage staff and volunteer with a focus on catholic teaching to encourage individual and team growth
- Work cooperatively with various personalities within the Catholic Church, facilitate good communication and is responsive to requests of others within a diverse working environment;
- Oversee, coordinate, and perform computerized cash register sales transactions and cash management;
- Supervise personnel which typically includes recommendations for hiring, firing, performance evaluation, training, work allocation, and problem resolution;
- Assist with the development and implementation of operating budgets, policies, and procedures consistent with those of the organization;
- Provide sales coordination and problem resolution for floor customer service staff; perform direct sales and customer service as and when required;
- Allocate and schedule work within the area, ensuring that all floor requirements are covered during operating hours; fill in for staff as required during breaks and other absences;
- Monitor sales through the Square POS system and resolve discrepancies;
- Prepare, reconcile, and record cash receipts for deposit;
- Prepares sale reports;
- Monitor and coordinate ordering, receipt, and return of merchandise and/or equipment; verify invoices and billing and resolve errors and discrepancies; as appropriate, coordinate shipping and/or delivery of merchandise to customers;
- Oversee area stock and visual merchandising;
- Leads in the development and implementation of seasonal campaigns;
- Participates in the establishment and implementation of general marketing plans and programs for the Giftshop;
- Monitor general housekeeping cleanliness within the area; ensures that equipment and facilities remain in good repair, and that employee and customer safety standards are maintained;
- Oversee on-line presence and manages fulfillment appropriately; and
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned;
The Success Profile includes:
- 5 years experience leading a team within a retail setting;
- Excellent problem-solving, leadership, and communication skills
- Proven ability to set and achieve financial and mission objectives;
- Firm understanding of sales, promotions, trends, Catholic retail markets, and merchandising;
- Experience with on-line retail marketing and fulfillment
- Excellent hospitality skills to welcome visitors and promote the attributes of the Cathedral;
- Experience creating and maintain employee schedule;
- Understands the ancillary role of St Patrick’s Giftshop within the ministry of St Patrick’s Cathedral;
- A demonstrated personal commitment to the ethos and values of the Catholic Church;
- Able to work flexible hours i.e., on weekends and holy days when required; and
- Experience in using Square or Shopify for inventory control and sales.
Caught your attention?
If what you have read interests you and you would like more information, a copy of the full job description or to have a confidential chat, please email Ms. Deeanne Martin on firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply send your application to Ms; Deeanne Martin on email@example.com, you must include a cover letter and your resume, a reference from your parish priest would also be desirable.
Applications Close Sunday 14 March 2021.
The successful applicant will be subject to a Working with Children Check and National Police Check.
No agency contact please. This position is being managed internally.