Welcome to the Diocese of Parramatta
If you feel you have the skills and commitment to serve the Catholic Church in spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ, then we would love to hear from you.
We look for people who bring:
- An understanding and commitment to the ethos and values of the Catholic Church
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
The Diocese of Parramatta is home to more than 330,000 Catholics and is one of the fastest growing diocese in Australia. The Diocese is made up of 47 parishes, 83 Catholic schools, and more than 45,000 students and includes a number of agencies which assist the Bishop in the pastoral care of the community.
Please send your resume and covering letter when applying to firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteers and Casual Worker required for Mamre Crèche
Mamre Crèche is a program that supports Sudanese Refugee families attending English, Computer and Citizenship Classes at Mamre House located at 181 Mamre Road, Orchard Hills. The Service provides a Quality Early Childhood Program for children aged 0 to 5 years. It operates Tuesday and Wednesday from 10:00am until 2:00pm and Thursday from 10:00am until 12:00pm. The Service is closed during school holidays.
We are seeking motivated, caring people who enjoy interacting with young children and are able to volunteer some of their time supporting the staff at the Crèche. We are also seeking a qualified Casual Worker.
- Take part in the Centre’s day-to-day routines and activities, including assisting in setting up, packing away, cleaning etc.
- All volunteers/ workers are expected to demonstrate empathy towards the children and be a positive role model by using appropriate language and behaviour.
- Respect the privacy of the children and the families at the Centre. All information heard within the Centre should be treated as confidential and not discussed outside the Centre.
- Work within the Volunteer’s Information Procedure Handout, the Centre’s Philosophy, Code of Conduct and Procedures.
- Discuss any concerns or other issues with the Crèche Coordinator.
Selection Criteria (Knowledge, Skills and Experience)
- Experience in the Early Childhood Field.
- Understanding of the Quality Improvement Plan and National Early Years Learning Framework and committed to the implementation of these processes.
- Certificate III in Children’s Services.
- Current First Aid Certificate, Anaphylaxis and Asthma Management Training
- Valid Working with Children Check Number.
- Work within tight time frames.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A high degree of initiative and dedication.
- Commitment to high quality programming for children.
- Being patient and child friendly.
Anyone interested in these positions will require a Working with Children’s Check.
Successful applicants are subject to a National Criminal Record Check.
Any expressions of interest can be forwarded to the Crèche Coordinator, Iolanda Martino, on (02) 8843 2506 or email Iolanda.email@example.com
Video/Media Creative – Imagine / Build / Share
3 days per week
Institute for Mission – Diocese of Parramatta
- Flexibility in a small team
- Joyful work environment
- Meaningful & challenging projects
Looking for an enthusiastic initiator to join our communal team. Can you craft compelling video and media content that uplifts and nourishes? Could your passion for story create and enhance content like this?
Who are we?
The Institute for Mission (IFM) based in Blacktown is an agency of the Church in a fast growing region of the country. We focus on formative programs and resources for contemporary life in faith. Our work supports the current goals of parish communities and their people’s sense of mission whilst seeking to offer relevant programs and opportunities for interested others.
This three day per week role (with some flexibility of hours) is initially casual with likely potential to transition to permanent. The role will specialise in end-to-end media production along with keen participation in the general work of the team. Supporting the delivery of programs and resources, this key role will;
- exercise initiative in the creation and delivery of media and marketing integral to the IFM’s work
- further develop strategies for the IFM’s online presence
- collaborate in the team’s planning, daily tasks, welcoming and hosting of program participants
- bring a creative interest in the Catholic faith for today’s world, contributing to the IFM’s sharing of a spiritually enriching culture
About you – essential attributes:
- Qualifications in media, video and design – or demonstrated practical equivalence in skill level and experience – are required for this role
- 2 years experience of working in a team environment
- A proven track record in creating compelling video content across all areas of production
- Proficiency in non-linear video editing software, especially Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects
- Experience & confidence in creating and implementing motion graphics is preferrable
- Drive for creativity and ongoing development of capacity
- Good ability to conceptualise and plan in order to meet deadlines
- Reliability and pride in work along with enthusiasm for personal presentation and interested communication
- Keen support for the values that frame the IFM’s work and collaborative team spirit
- Current driver’s license
- Preparing and conducting video shoots – at our in-house studio and on location
- Video post production and online delivery
- Graphic design and assembling of materials for marketing and resource creation (visual aids, presentations etc)
- Initiatives in social media visual and copy preparation, strategy and delivery
- Participation in website management
- Sharing in the team’s general hospitality, administrative and networking responsibilities and its managing of correspondence, files and drives
- Tasks with the team to support programs and events (including occasional out of hours with time in lieu)
Join our team:
- Remuneration to reflect experience and award standard
- Possibility for a flexible structure of hours to suit lifestyle – along with the requirement of some occasional out of hours work (with advance negotiation)
- Starting time inside a month of being offered the position
- Only those who specifically address the required capacities and essential attributes will be considered
- To be considered, applications must include:
- An intentionally written covering letter that addresses the attributes and capacities for this particular role
- A resume including at least one referee from a workplace knowledge of you and at least one other who can comment on your character
- A portfolio including samples of design and video capability (a link to the portfolio may be provided in the covering letter or resume)
Applications close Monday 1st July 2019.
Please email completed applications to Mr Donnie Velasco – Assistant Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
For any enquiries regarding the position, feel free to correspond via the email above. Alternatively, contact Donnie directly via 0432 042 140.
Candidates need to have the right to work in Australia and be prepared to undergo appropriate background checks, including a ‘working with children check’.