The Dominican Order was founded by St Dominic in the thirteenth century with a foundation of the Sisters being made at Prouilhe near Toulouse, France in 1206. In 1216 formal approval was granted to the Dominican Friars whose mission was to preach the Word of God. Commitment to study and contemplation, community and ministry are hallmarks of the Dominicans.
The foundation of the Sisters in Australia was made from Ireland in 1867 when the Bishop of Maitland invited the sisters to establish schools in his diocese. The Dominican sisters are committed to education in a wide variety of settings.
30 Calliope St
Guildford NSW 2161
Guildford, NSW 2161